Thursday, January 3, 2008

one begins and one ends









This man is Mr. Norman Perry. Today is his funeral. He will be buried at the cemetery just up the street about a football fields lengths away. I only knew him about one year but i learned a lot from him. Like how to bet the spread on a game. He was someone I looked forward to talking to everyday, and missed when he wasn't around. Now he will always be around, about a fields length away.



Rest in Peace my friend. Thank you for everything.





All of his friends and family will "pay their respects" today for this man as they watch him be lowered into his eternal bed. I am going to hit the links instead and he will be with me. I will remember him as the golfer, the gambler, and the great friend he was to me.



"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round." - Ben Hogan



. . . not only did you smell the roses, you grew them . . . i love you for that.

No comments: