Friday, January 11, 2008

on a lighter note . . .

golf. Ahh the joys of golf. Yesterday I walked a couple holes by myself. I put Radiohead on my Ipod and totally tuned into my game. I was having a "good day" and was pleased (duh!). So I continue to the tenth tee box. Mind you, this is the view from my err . . .office, resorting to many great laughs. I hit a great drive leaving me a great lie about 150 yards out. There used to be a tree directly between where I am now and the middle of the green. Thank you to the recent windy storm, that tree no longer stands which makes this hole remarkably easier. So I aim for the middle of the green and hit my 5 wood and. . . I have to yell "Fore" to the foursome of men on the 11th tee box. I totally sliced it. They all wave their arms to try to cover their heads, I didn't even see my ball land. So trying to look cool I drop another ball and hit again leaving me 10 feet short of the green about 100 feet from the hole. Golf is a bitch. And that is why I love it. Just when you think you got something going on, you will be humbled to the extreme.

If only Jim Nanze could have been there to see it!

No comments: